- Ph.D. Space Physics, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2010
- MASc Engineering Physics, University of Toronto, 2005
- B.S. Physics, University of Calgary, 2003
Professional Links: Google Scholar
- Ion and electron properties and dynamics in Jupiter’s magnetosphere and auroral regions.
- Solar wind interactions at Jupiter’s magnetopause.
- Solar wind physics: spatial variations and long-term trends.
- Origin, acceleration, and transport of energetic heavy ions in interplanetary space.
- Solar wind instrument development for Space Weather applications.
- Graphene foil technology for advanced plasma and energetic neutral atom instruments.
- Mission concept development for heliophysics and planetary science.
Current Graduate Students:
- Adolfo Sante Fe Duenas (Topic: Variability of energetic storm particle heavy ion properties at 1 AU)
- Jake Montgomery (Topic: Magnetic reconnection at Jupiter’s magnetopause)
Graduate Student Alumni:
- Thomas K. Kim (currently employed as a post-doctoral researcher at Los Alamos National Laboratory)