Current Position: Southwest Research Institute – Staff Scientist in SwRI Space Sector, Space Research Division
Current and Recent Activities:
- Dr. George is involved in Space Based Missions and Instrumentation: from concept to proposal thru development and deployment. Everything is fair game, from rocket instruments, to satellites, to Lunar instruments and more.
- Dr. George is currently Principal Investigator of the LACE II instrument package being developed for Artemis IV. He is currently developing a Lunar Surface Observatory (LSO), with SwRI internal funding, and a Software Defined Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer (ENABLE) under NASA DALI grant. Combining these two results in the LACE II astronaut deployed instrument.
- Systems Engineer, development phase, CoDICE Instrument for IMAP Mission
- Systems Engineer ACI Instrument, TRACERS Mission
- Project Mission Engineer for the secondary payload, CuSP CubeSat on Artemis I
- Upgrade of the EPIC lab motion control system to a hexapod.
- Instrument Engineer for the THEA neutral particle instrument.
Dissertation Title: Particle-In-Cell Simulations of Energized Oxygen in the Magnetotail
Dissertation Advisor: Jörg-Micha Jahn
Graduation Date: Spring 2020
Publications: Google Scholar